Yoga at the Desk Remember to take small breaks throughout the day to stretch and de-stress – it’ll pay off. Stretch up and to the side These simple stretches can be done sitting or standing. 1. Inhale, interlace your fingers, raise you arms, and stretch upwards. Keep your spine straight – imagine your vertebrae stacking from your tailbone to the crown of your head. Deepen your inhalation by expanding your ribcage laterally, as well as to the back and front.
2. Exhale while releasing your hands – letting your arms float down to your side.
3. Switch the way you fingers are interlaced and repeat.
4. This time hold your left wrist with your right hand, inhale and stretch up.
5. On a slow and smooth exhalation, reach to the right so that you feel a stretch along the left side of your body. Stay there for a couple of inhalations and exhalations. On an inhalation, reach out and raise up, back to center.
6. Switch your hands, and reverse to the left. Give your eyes a break, and repeat the stretches with your eyes closed. Hope this helped!